from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make an anagram of.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative spelling of anagrammatise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To transpose, as the letters of a word, so as to form an anagram.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To transpose, as the letters of a word, so as to form an anagram.
- To make anagrams. Also spelled anagrammatise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. read letters out of order to discover a hidden meaning
Late Greek anagrammatizein, to rearrange letters in a word; see anagram.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)