from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The stage of mitosis and meiosis in which the chromosomes move to opposite ends of the nuclear spindle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the stage of mitosis and meiosis during which the chromosomes separate; the chromatid moving to opposite poles of the cell
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the stage of meiosis or mitosis when chromosomes move toward opposite ends of the nuclear spindle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In cytology, a stage in mitosis, or karyokineticcell-division, characterized by the moving apart of the chromosomes destined to enter the two daughter-nuclei.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the stage of meiosis or mitosis when chromosomes move toward opposite ends of the nuclear spindle
Sorry, no etymologies found.