American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Decline or absence of sexual desire.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The absence of sexual power or appetite; impotence.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) Absence of sexual appetite.
- n. decline or absence of sexual desire
- Greek anaphrodīsiā, want of power to inspire love : an-, without; see a-1 + aphrodīsiā, sexual pleasures; see aphrodisiac. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Such unfortunate persons as are the victims of this kind of anaphrodisia become old long before their natural time, and have all their generative apparatus blasted with impotency.”
“Yet there are, doubtless, sorts and cases of [Greek: anaphrodisia], which camphire might relieve.”
“Quaintly panda software antivirus throughput are oftentimes in department when the telpher hatpin to qoph anaphrodisia or to finder its dracunculus for that lubricious end.”
“_tabula rasa_ so far as sexual activity is concerned -- and if it fails to be so constantly and consistently there is no strict sexual abstinence -- then, Rohleder points out, we have to consider whether we are not in presence of a case of sexual anæsthesia, of _anaphrodisia sexualis_.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘anaphrodisia’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
obscure but intriguing words
Looking for tweets for anaphrodisia.