from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Free from astigmatism. Used of a compound lens in which the separate components compensate for the astigmatic effects of each lens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Free from astigmatism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not astigmatic; free of astigmatism; -- pertaining to a lens or lens system, and used especially of a lens system which consists of a converging lens and a diverging lens of equal and opposite astigmatism but different focal lengths, and sensibly free from astigmatism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not astigmatic: applied to a lens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pertaining to a lens or lens system free of astigmatism (able to form point images)
- adj. not astigmatic
Sorry, no etymologies found.