American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A barometer in which variations of atmospheric pressure are indicated by the relative bulges of a thin elastic metal disk covering a partially evacuated chamber.
- n. A barometer in which variations in pressure are measured using a partially evacuated capsule whose sides move in and out.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. a barometer the action of which depends on the varying pressure of the atmosphere upon the elastic top of a metallic box (shaped like a watch) from which the air has been exhausted. An index shows the variation of pressure.
- n. See Aneroid barometer, under Aneroid.
- n. a barometer that measures pressure without using fluids
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘aneroid barometer’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for aneroid barometer.