from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The acute angle between the chord of an airfoil and a line representing the undisturbed relative airflow.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Used other than as an idiom: see angle, attack.
- n. The angle between the chord line of an airfoil and the airflow over it; one of the determiners of the amount of lift produced by an airfoil.
- n. The angle between a mid-sail and the direction of the wind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the acute angle between the direction of the undisturbed relative wind and the chord of an airfoil
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.