from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instrument to measure angles, especially one used by geologists to measure the dip of strata.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an instrument for measuring angles, esp. for ascertaining the dip of strata.
- n. An instrument to measure angles, esp. one used by geologists to measure the dip of strata.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any instrument used for measuring angles; particularly, an instrument employed by geologists for measuring the dip of strata; a clinometer.
- n. An instrument designed to show the variations in angular velocity of the revolving shaft of an engine.
angle + meter (Wiktionary)