Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The theory that animalcules cause disease.
- n. The doctrine or theory of incasement in the male; spermism; spermatism. See incasement.
- n. Also called animalism.
- n. biology, archaic A theory seeking to explain certain physiological and pathological phenomena in terms of animalcules.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Biol.) The theory which seeks to explain certain physiological and pathological phenomena by means of animalcules.
- n. (Biol.) The theory that the spermatozoön and not the ovum contains the whole of the embryo; spermatism; -- opposed to
- Compare French animalculisme. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘animalculism’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for animalculism.