from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A condition in which the refractive power of one eye differs from that of the other.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A condition in which the two eyes of an individual have different refractive power.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Unequal refractive power in the two eyes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Inequality of the eyes with respect to refractive power.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. difference in the refractive power of the two eyes
aniso- + Greek metron, measure; see meter1 + -opia.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)