American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A solar eclipse in which the moon covers all but a bright ring around the circumference of the sun.
- n. astronomy a solar eclipse in which the thin outer disk of the sun can be seen as a ring around the moon
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Astron.) an eclipse of the sun in which the moon at the middle of the eclipse conceals the central part of the sun's disk, leaving a complete ring of light around the border.
- n. (Astron.) See under Annular.
- n. only a thin outer disk of the sun can be seen
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘annular eclipse’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for annular eclipse.