Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In rhetoric, a figure which consists in replying to an adversary by recrimination, as when, the accusation made by one party being unanswerable, the accused person charges his accuser with the same or some other crime. Sometimes shortened to antagoge.
- n. rhetoric Answering the charge of an adversary by a countercharge.
- n. rhetoric Offsetting a proposition with an opposing proposition in one's own speech or writing.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Rhet.) A figure which consists in answering the charge of an adversary, by a counter charge.
- Ancient Greek ἀνταναγωγή (antanagogē, "a leading or bringing up") (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘antanagoge’.
How to write that killer speech.
Looking for tweets for antanagoge.