from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or suggesting human form and appearance.
- adj. Ascribing human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to things not human, such as inanimate objects, animals, or natural phenomena.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. resembling a human being
- adj. describing an animal or inanimate object using human characteristics; see anthropomorphism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the figure of, or resemblance to, a man.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Anthropomorphic; anthropoid in form: as, an anthropomorphous ape.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. suggesting human characteristics for animals or inanimate things
Sorry, no etymologies found.