Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Antiochus of Ascalon (died about 68 b. c.), the founder of a sect of eclectic philosophers who sought to unite the philosophy of Plato with many of the doctrines of Aristotle and the Stoics.
- Of or pertaining to the city of Antioch.
- The mundane era of Antioch, September, 5493 b. c., employed by the Syrian Christians as the date of the creation of the world.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Pertaining to Antiochus, a contemporary with Cicero, and the founder of a sect of philosophers.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the city of Antioch, in Syria.
“Hours are 10 a.m. to 4: 30 p.m. Monday through Friday.www. antiochian.org.”
Looking for tweets for antiochian.