from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Preventing regular recurrence of the symptoms of a disease, as in malaria.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. preventing the regular recurrence of symptoms
- adj. Exhibiting antiperiodicity.
- n. A drug that prevents the regular recurrence of symptoms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A remedy possessing the property of preventing the return of periodic paroxysms, or exacerbations, of disease, as in intermittent fevers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In medicine, curative of diseases exhibiting periodicity, especially of intermittent fever.
- n. In medicine, a remedy for periodic diseases, especially for intermittent fever.
Sorry, no etymologies found.