Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In medicine: Opposed to or checking peristaltic motion.
- Pertaining to or exhibiting antiperistalsis.
- adj. Of or relating to anteperistalsis.
- adj. That blocks or stops peristalsis.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Med.) Opposed to, or checking motion; acting upward; -- applied to an inverted action of the intestinal tube.
“For the upward escape of food from the stomach an involuntary co-ordinated antiperistaltic cycle is necessary.”
“Such terrors would disgrace a cook-maid, or a toothless aunt -- when they fall from the lips of bearded and senatorial men, they are nauseous, antiperistaltic, and emetical.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘antiperistaltic’.
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for antiperistaltic.