from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bound collection of antiphons, especially of the responsive choral parts of the Divine Office.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An antiphonal.
- adj. Pertaining to an antiphon or antiphony.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A book containing a collection of antiphons; the book in which the antiphons of the breviary, with their musical notes, are contained.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A book of antiphons.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or resembling an antiphon or antiphony
- n. bound collection of antiphons
Sorry, no etymologies found.