from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A clever insight.
- n. A summary or outline; words that summarize.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A first view or glance, or the perception or estimation so obtained; an immediate apprehension or insight, appreciative rather than analytic.
- n. Hence, a brief or detached view; conspectus; sketch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A first view; a hasty glance; a rapid survey.
- n. A summary exposition; a brief outline; a sketch.
- n. A detached view; an isolated perception of or insight into a subject, as into a system of philosophy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a short synopsis
Borrowing from French aperçu. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.