from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Defective development resulting in the absence of all or part of an organ or tissue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A condition marked by the incomplete development, or absence, of an organ or tissue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Incomplete or faulty development.
- n. a defect, retardation, or cessation of the process of generation of blood cells.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Defective or arrested development in a tissue or an organ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. failure of some tissue or organ to develop
Sorry, no etymologies found.