from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A valuable silver ore, Ag2S, with a lead-gray color and metallic luster that is often tarnished a dull black.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Silver sulphide, (Ag2S), a primary ore of silver, in cubic or hexoctahedral crystals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Sulphide of silver; -- also called vitreous silver, or silver glance. It has a metallic luster, a lead-gray color, and is sectile like lead.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Silver sulphid, a blackish lead gray mineral, occurring in crystals, in crusts, and massive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a valuable silver ore consisting of silver sulfide (Ag2S)
Sorry, no etymologies found.