Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or containing silver: applied to a compound which contains a larger proportion of silver than the corresponding argentic compound: as, argentous oxid, Ag4O; argentic oxid, Ag2O.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or containing silver.
- adj. chemistry Of certain compounds, containing silver in a higher proportion than in argentic compounds.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Chem.) Of, pertaining to, or containing, silver; -- said of certain silver compounds in which silver has a higher proportion than in argentic compounds.
- adj. relating to compounds in which silver is univalent
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for argentous.