from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A distance approximately equal to the length of a human's arm.
- n. A position not suggesting or inviting intimacy.
- n. A condition of independence and parity for parties to a transaction.
- adj. Barely within reach.
- adj. Distant, detached.
- adj. Independent, but related.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the length of the arm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a distance sufficient to exclude intimacy
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.