from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who places under arrest.
- n. A device that stops or prevents, as a spark arrester that prevents sparks from being released to start fires.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who arrests.
- n. The person at whose suit an arrestment is made.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which arrests.
- n. In Scots law, the person at whose instance an arrest is made. See arrest, n.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a restraint that slows airplanes as they land on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier
to arrest + -er. (Wiktionary)