from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- conj. In the same way that it would be if: looked as if she were made of ice.
- conj. That: It seemed as if the meeting would never end.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- conj. As though; in a manner suggesting.
- conj. In mimicry of.
- interj. Refers to something that the speaker deems highly unlikely.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. of the same kind, or in the same condition or manner, that it would be if.
- conj. See under As, But.
Sorry, no etymologies found.