from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A choriambic verse, first used by the Greek poet Asclepias, consisting of four feet, viz., a spondee, two choriambi, and an iambus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. [capitalized] In ancient prosody, an Asclepiadic (verse or line).
- n. In botany, a member of the order Asclepiadaceæ.
- n. [capitalized] One of the Asclepiads (which see).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any plant of the family Asclepiadaceae
Sorry, no etymologies found.