American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An ascus-bearing structure found in ascomycetous fungi.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The developed fructification in Ascomycetes, consisting of asci and ascophores.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) In ascomycetous fungi, the spherical, discoid, or cup-shaped body within which the asci are collected, and which constitutes the mature fructification. The different forms are known in mycology under distinct names. Called also
- n. mature fruiting body of an ascomycetous fungus
- asco- + -carp (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ascocarp’.
Looking for tweets for ascocarp.