from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sexually produced fungal spore formed within an ascus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sexually produced spore from the ascus of an Ascomycetes fungus
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the spores contained in the asci of lichens and fungi. [See Illust. of ascus.]
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, one of a cluster of spores borne within an ascus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sexually produced fungal spore formed within an ascus
Sorry, no etymologies found.