from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who explains the higher functions and relations of the soul by the association of ideas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who explains the higher functions and relations of the soul by the association of ideas; e. g., Hartley, J. C. Mill.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who advocates the psychological doctrine of associationism.
- n. One who supports the doctrine of association advocated by Fourier and known as Fourierism (which see).
- Pertaining to associationism, in either sense of that word.
- Also associationalist.
association + -ist (Wiktionary)