from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. On or toward the starboard or right side of a ship.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Over to the starboard side.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Over to the starboard side; -- said of the tiller.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- At or to the starboard or right-hand side of a ship when looking forward.
- Specifically, said of the tiller when it is shoved or drawn over to the starboard side of the vessel.
a- + starboard (Wiktionary)