American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adv. On or toward the starboard or right side of a ship.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- At or to the starboard or right-hand side of a ship when looking forward.
- Specifically, said of the tiller when it is shoved or drawn over to the starboard side of the vessel.
- adv. nautical Over to the starboard side.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adv. (Naut.) Over to the starboard side; -- said of the tiller.
- a- + starboard (Wiktionary)
“We surge round hard aport then astarboard, following the channel, through overfalls and eddies like the Dorris More or Corrie”
Looking for tweets for astarboard.