from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A star-shaped cell, especially a neuroglial cell of nervous tissue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a neuroglial cell, in the shape of a star, in the brain
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a large star-shaped neuroglial cell in nervous tissue.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In histology, a bone-cell or bone-corpuscle: so called on account of its starlike form.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. comparatively large neuroglial cell
Sorry, no etymologies found.