American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- interj. Used to express farewell.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Until we meet again; good-by for the present.
- interj. Goodbye till we meet again.
GNU Webster's 1913
- Good-by until we meet again.
- n. a farewell remark
- From French with relatively formal but otherwise identical meaning, possibly due to the cumbersome nature of formal English equivalents. (Wiktionary)
- French : au, till the + revoir, seeing again. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘au revoir’.
Non-English words that contain all the vowels once, "y" optional. For English examples, see Panvocalics and other lists linked there. Please tag contributions with the language they come from. Phra...
it doesn't matter if you can speak french or not to add the word. you can add it for the way it sounds or what it means. it can only be one word. if you add it for what it means, comment on the lis...
Looking for tweets for au revoir.