from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The chrysalis, or pupa of an insect, esp. when reflecting a brilliant golden color, as that of some of the butterflies.
- n. A genus of jellyfishes. See discophora.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In entomology, the nymph, chrysalis, or pupa of a lepidopterous insect. See chrysalis.
- n. [capitalized]A genus of pelagic discophorous Hydromedusæ, typical of the family Aureliidæ, characterized by having branched radial vessels and the edge of the disk fringed with small tentacles.
- n. The adult state of any medusa, or the perfected stage of a medusiform zoöid.
Sorry, no etymologies found.