from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having ears, auricles, or earlobe-shaped parts or extensions.
- adj. Shaped like an earlobe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of auriculated.
- adj. Having two round lobes, often curved, at the base extending beyond the attachment point.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having lobes or appendages like the ear; shaped like the ear; auricled.
- adj. Having an angular projection on one or both sides, as in certain bivalve shells, the foot of some gastropods, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Ear-shaped; like or likened to an auricle; auriform.
- Having ears; provided with ears, auricles, or ear-like parts: in botany, said of a leaf with a pair of small blunt projections or ears at the base.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having auricles
The stem is attached at the concave margin, where the cap is auriculate and has a prominent boss or elevation, and bent at right angles with a characteristic curve.
-- Edges of colonies: e, Lobar-lobulate; f, auriculate; g, lacerate; h, fimbriate; i, ciliate.] (F) ~Optical Characters~ (after Shuttleworth).
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.