from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Catalysis of a chemical reaction by one of the products of the reaction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. catalysis of a reaction by one of its products
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Self-catalysis; catalysis of a substance by one of its own products, as of silver oxide by the silver formed by reduction of a small portion of it.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In physical chemistry, the catalytic action of a complex substance upon itself, in which one of its functions accelerates the velocity of reaction of another function.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. catalysis in which the catalyst is one of the products of the reaction
auto- + catalysis (Wiktionary)