American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Surgical repair or reconstruction of a body part using tissue taken from another part of the body.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In surgery, an operation by which lesions accompanied with loss of substance are repaired by means of healthy portions of tissue taken from another part of the patient, and made to supply the deficiency.
- n. The process of artificially repairing lesions by taking a piece of healthy tissue, as from a neighboring part, to supply the deficiency caused by disease or wounds.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Surg.) The process of artificially repairing lesions by taking a piece of healthy tissue, as from a neighboring part, to supply the deficiency caused by disease or wounds.
- n. surgical repair by using tissue from another part of the patient's own body
- n. tissue that is taken from one site and grafted to another site on the same person
“n. - grafting tissue from patient's own body. autoplastic, a.; Biology, pertaining to self-adaptation to environment; pertaining to autoplasty.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘autoplasty’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
molding, grafting, or formation
Looking for tweets for autoplasty.