Did you perhaps mean aventurine?
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sort of opaque golden-brown glass filled with specks or drops of a bright gold-color and of different sizes, used, under the name of goldstone, for various ornaments. Its preparation was discovered at Murano, near Venice, by the accident of dropping a quantity of brass filings into a pot of melted glass; hence the name.
- n. A variety of feldspar, usually oligoclase, spangled with scales of hematite, göthite, or mica. It is often called sunstone. The most highly prized variety is obtained in Russia.
- n. A similar variety of quartz containing spangles of mica or other mineral.
- n. A kind of sealing-wax, of a translucent brown color and abounding in gold specks or particles.
- Having the appearance of aventurin: as, aventurin lacquer, etc.
- Also written avanturin, avanturine.
- n. Alternative form of aventurine.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘aventurin’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for aventurin.