from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Nautical Hanging clear of the bottom. Used of an anchor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Just drawn out of the ground, and hanging perpendicularly; atrip; said of the anchor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Just drawn out of the ground, and hanging perpendicularly; atrip; -- said of the anchor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Nautical, atrip.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of an anchor) hanging clear of the bottom
- adj. (of an anchor) just clear of the bottom
Sorry, no etymologies found.