from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bushing in the hub of a wheel, through which the axle passes.
- n. The journal box of a rotating axle, especially a railway axle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A bushing in the hub of a wheel, through which the axle passes.
- The journal box of a rotating axle, especially a railway axle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The box which contains the bearings for the spindle of an axle, or the journal of an axle, as of a carriage-wheel, a railroad-car wheel, etc.; the bushing or metal lining of the hub which forms the rotatory bearing of the axle of a vehicle.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.