American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Dissolution or destruction of bacteria.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Destruction of bacteria by some specific lysin.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Chemical decomposition brought about by bacteria without the addition of oxygen.
- n. The destruction or dissolution of bacterial cells.
- n. dissolution or destruction of bacteria
“It is therefore definitely proved that bacteriolysis by the immuno-serum derives from the cooperation of”
“The destruction of the vibrios, the bacteriolysis, depends, according to Bordet, on the cooperation of two bodies.”
“It can be shown that in many cases when bacteria are injected the serum of the treated animal has no bacteriolytic effect, and still an immune body is present, which leads to the fixation of complement; in this case bacteriolysis does not occur, because the organism is not susceptible to the action of the complement.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bacteriolysis’.
Looking for tweets for bacteriolysis.