from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Dissolution or destruction of bacteria.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the destruction of bacteria by lysis
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Chemical decomposition brought about by bacteria without the addition of oxygen.
- n. The destruction or dissolution of bacterial cells.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Destruction of bacteria by some specific lysin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. dissolution or destruction of bacteria
Sorry, no etymologies found.