from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something that causes one to be baffled, particularly a difficult puzzle or riddle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, baffles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which baffles.
- n. A partition in a furnace so placed as to aid the convection of heat; a baffle-plate. Rankine, Steam Engine, § 304. Also baffle.
- n. In coal-mining, the lever with which the throttle-valve of a winding-engine is worked.
Sorry, no etymologies found.