American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A friction-reducing bearing consisting essentially of a ring-shaped track containing freely revolving hard metal balls against which a rotating shaft or other part turns.
- n. A hard ball used in such a bearing.
- n. In engineering, a bearing assembly which uses spherical bearing balls as the rolling elements
- n. In common usage, an individual spherical ball, usually made of steel or other hard material, suitable for use in a ball-based rolling element bearing
- n. bearings containing small metal balls
“These happy wanderers pull into class in the morning and appear as if their heads are mounted on a very loose ball bearing or an unstable turret, as they are feverishlyscanning their environment.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ball bearing’.
All the scientific words found in the official EU nomenclature. For the screening I used Vocabgrabber of the Visual Thesaurus.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
The collocations below consist of nouns only. Noun-noun collocations are extremely frequent in science (just think of the names of species, chemical compounds or "scientist+invention" type collocat...
discharge lamp, correlation matrix, obidoxime chloride, withdrawal symptom, ipratropium bromide, book lung, zirconium dioxide, octane number, acetyl group, computer accessory, pinto bean, regression equation and 480 more...
Things to go around and things that go around.
Amusingly-named mechanical and electrical parts to be found in a particular warehouse in Newfoundland
Looking for tweets for ball bearing.