from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The member of a matador's cuadrilla who is responsible for placing the banderillas during a bullfight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of the cuadrilla who sticks the banderillas in the bull's neck.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who thrusts in the banderillas in bullfighting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bull-fighter who uses banderillas.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the bullfighter who implants decorated darts (banderillas) into the neck or shoulders of the bull during a bull fight
Spanish, from banderilla, banderilla; see banderilla.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Spanish banderillero (Wiktionary)