from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A roll of paper money.
- n. Informal One's ready cash.
- transitive v. Informal To underwrite the expense of (a business venture, for example).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A roll of banknotes or other paper currency, carried in lieu of a wallet.
- n. The monetary assets of a person or organization.
- v. To fund a project; to underwrite something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the money carried on one's person.
- n. one's total supply of money; funds.
- transitive v. To pay the costs of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a roll of currency notes (often taken as the resources of a person or business etc.)
- v. provide with sufficient funds; finance
Sorry, no etymologies found.