Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Packed, stowed, or stored away in barrels: as, barreled butter.
- Inclosed in a cylinder or barrel: as, barreled bolts.
- Having a barrel or barrels of a kind or number indicated: used chiefly in composition: as, a double-barreled gun.
- In archery, gradually reduced in diameter from the center to each end: said of an arrow.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having a barrel; -- used in composition.
- adj. put in or stored in a barrel; ; ; -- opposite of
- adj. tapered toward both ends; -- of an arrow.
- adj. put in or stored in a barrel
- adj. (of an arrow) tapered toward both ends
“Even in short-barreled rifles, the SOST provides impressive ballistics - achieving 2925 fps in a 14″ barrel.”
“Next up is a review of Hornady's new Critical Defense ammunition, which shows that it does pretty well in short barreled pistols.”
“As a bill extending Russia's presidency from a four - to six-year term barreled through the Russian legislature on Friday, it fell to the old-timers from the Communist Party to put up a fight.”
“A 26 inch barreled in full choke for fall and one in 18 inch barrel in extra full for spring.”
“I personally have shot a 27 varmint barreled 25-06 with 75g bullets going 3750 fps.”
“The stock looked like it was whittled from a plank instead of a blank, so I purchased another "95% completed" stock and did the outside shaping myself, but another fellow inletted the barreled action.”
“WMHunter; the old mod 70 trigger is one of the best made. they are easy to hone out the machine marks in the contact points and to adjust, and of 300+ that I have reworked, I have never had one returned, and one of them has been re barreled twice since I did the trigger. $40 to a competent gunsmith and you will have as good a trigger as you can buy.”
“Years ago I used to win money at turkey shoots using this field grade standard barrel '06 shooting against heavy barreled varmint rifles.”
“I find it difficult to isolate an all-time favorite, but a heavy-barreled Sako L461 "Vixen" in .222 Rem., purchased in 1968, was one of the most accurate and delightful rifles I ever purchased, and every trip afield or to the range was a positive experience.”
“I had barreled a few balls the last couple games, and not many hits to show for it," Norris said.”
Looking for tweets for barreled.