from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any metal at the lower end of the electrochemical series that oxidizes readily.
- n. The metal to be welded (rather than that used to weld).
- n. A common or inexpensive metal; especially (alchemy) one that was hoped to be transmuted into a precious metal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See under Metal.
- n. any one of the metals, as iron, lead, etc., which are readily tarnished or oxidized, in contrast with the noble metals. In general, a metal of small value, as compared with gold or silver.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a metal that is common and not considered precious
Sorry, no etymologies found.