from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sexually produced fungal spore borne on a basidium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sexually reproductive spore produced by fungi of the phylum Basidiomycota
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A spore borne by a basidium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A spore borne on a basidium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sexually produced fungal spore borne on a basidium
Sorry, no etymologies found.