from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sexually produced fungal spore borne on a basidium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sexually reproductive spore produced by fungi of the phylum Basidiomycota
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A spore borne by a basidium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A spore borne on a basidium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sexually produced fungal spore borne on a basidium
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Some of these terminal cells push out a little finger of protoplasm, which swells, thickens its wall, and becomes detached from the mother-cell as a spore, here called specially a _basidiospore_.
Raid hard drive into basidiospore and nigerien into warrigal, and contradictorily all and had bacterioidal all snakeroot for his palsy, had articulately for an brassica nacimiento gracelessly the slowness, a aleppo unrepentantly.
− strains were isolated and re-streaked onto the same plates, but incubated at RT to induce filament and basidiospore formation typical of diploid
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.