from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. Chemistry To convert into a base.
- transitive v. Chemistry To make alkaline.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make more basic (less acidic)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To convert into a salifiable base.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., to convert into a salifiable base.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. turn basic and less acidic
base + -ify (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.