from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the base of the occiput (back of the skull) or to the base of the occipital bone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the bone in the base of the cranium, frequently forming a part of the occipital in the adult, but usually distinct in the young.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the base of the occiput, or to the basilar process of the occipital bone.
- n. The centrum of the first (hindmost) cranial segment, forming the basis of the compound occipital bone, called in human anatomy the basilar process of the occipital, which anteriorly articulates or ankyloses with the basisphenoid, and posteriorly circumscribes in part the foramen magnum.
- n. In ichthyology, the lowest of the occipital bones.
Sorry, no etymologies found.