from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An aromatic liquid originally prepared by distilling the leaves of the bay rum tree in rum and water but now usually made by mixing the oil from those leaves with other solvents.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fragrant liquid used for cosmetic and medicinal purposes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A fragrant liquid, used for cosmetic and medicinal purposes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fragrant spirit much used as a cosmetic, etc., especially by barbers, obtained by distilling the leaves of the Pimenta acris (see bayberry, 3), of the natural order Myrtaceæ, with rum, or by mixing the volatile oil procured from the leaves by distillation with alcohol, water, and acetic ether.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an aromatic liquid originally obtained by distilling the leaves of the bayberry tree with rum
Related to bayberry? (Wiktionary)