from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Anagyris foetida, a leguminous shrub of southern Europe with trifoliate leaves.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A leguminous shrub of southern Europe, with trifoliate leaves (Anagyris foetida).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The laburnum, Cytisus Laburnum, a leguminous shrub with trifoliate leaves. See laburnum.
- n. The Anagyris fœtida, a similar shrub of southern Europe, whose violet-colored seeds are said to be poisonous like those of the laburnum.
- n. The buckbean, Menyanthes trifoliata.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. shrub with trifoliate leaves and yellow flowers followed by backward curving seed pods; leaves foetid when crushed
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.