from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A western North American perennial herb (Xerophyllum tenax) in the lily family, having a dense clump of basal grasslike leaves and a tall stalk bearing a terminal raceme of small whitish flowers.
- n. Any of several similar North American plants, especially species of the genera Nolina and Yucca.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. plant of western North America having woody rhizomes and tufts of stiff grasslike basal leaves and spikes of creamy white flowers
- n. stemless plant with tufts of grasslike leaves and erect panicle of minute creamy white flowers; southwestern United States and Mexico
- n. yucca of west central United States having a clump of basal grasslike leaves and a central stalk with a terminal raceme of small whitish flowers
- n. yucca of southern United States having a clump of basal grasslike leaves and a central stalk with a terminal raceme of small whitish flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.